Through the IAS 2019 Scholarship Programme, the conference organizers commit themselves to making the conference accessible to community representatives, healthcare workers, junior investigators and media representatives from resource-limited settings.
The IAS 2019 Scholarship Programme is open to anyone around the world working or volunteering in the field of HIV and AIDS and who is at least 16 years old at the time of the conference. The programme gives financial assistance to people who would otherwise be unable to benefit from the conference.
Priority will be given to:
- Abstract presenters whose submission has been selected
- Those whose participation will help enhance their work in their own communities
- Those who are able to assist in the transfer of skills and knowledge acquired at the conference
- Individuals who are part of a key population or living with HIV.
Scholarship selection will be based on a non-biased scoring system. A review committee will contribute to the reviewing and scoring of the applications.
A limited number of scholarships will also be available for media representatives from around the world. Media scholarship applicants will be asked to provide media accreditation and work samples.
Even though every attempt will be made to assist as many applicants as possible, we regret that there will be only a limited quantity of scholarships available. Applicants are therefore strongly encouraged to also seek other funding.
The application process is entirely free.
Applicants must fill in an individual application form and attach a letter of recommendation.
Scholarship applicants can request a full or partial scholarship. A full scholarship may include:
- Registration fee for the conference (includes access to all sessions and exhibitions)
- Travel (roundtrip ticket at the lowest fare available, from the nearest international airport)
- Accommodation (in a budget hotel for the days of the conference)
- Daily living allowance for each day of the conference (21-24 July 2019).
A partial scholarship includes any combination of the above.
- Applications will be open online through the conference profile from 1 December 2018 to 24 January 2019, 23:59 CET.
- All applicants will be notified at the end of March 2019.